Bytespree v3.2 Coming This Weekend!
Shared by Matt
• May 24, 2023
On Sunday, May 28, 2023, we'll be shipping a brand-new release of Bytespree. You don't have to do anything; we'll handle the update for you.
As a result of this new release, Bytespree will be unavailable this Sunday from 9 AM EST until 12:00 PM EST. Syncs scheduled to run during the downtime may be delayed.
Curious about what's changing? We've got a bunch of new features to share!
- An indicator is now shown on the database card in Data Lake when a connector update is available.
- An indicator is now shown on the database card in Data Lake when a connector is scheduled to run manually.
- You can now use the “Remove Schedules” button on the schedule tab to set all tables to sync manually. This process will be done without verifying the connector’s credentials and makes it possible to, effectively, disable syncs when credentials are invalid or out of date.
- Emails will now be sent to database notificants and team admins when a connector adds columns to a table. The email will also notify you if we find fields that have been removed from the source; however, we will not drop these columns so that existing values can be preserved. Keep in mind that not all connectors support these features, so let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
- Columns can now be added when using the “Replace” option of the “New Table” import tool; however, the new import must also contain all existing columns. If existing columns cannot be automatically mapped to the table, a tool to map fields to columns will be shown.
- Estimated record counts are now clearly labeled as such.
- Users can now enable “Developer Mode” via “Manage My Account”. When developer mode is enabled, more detailed error messages will be shown in Data Explorer if modifications made to joins, columns, filters, unions, and groups cause the underlying query to fail.
- Some existing features, like custom columns and custom sort expressions, now require “Developer Mode” to be enabled to be used.
- The interface for building unions has been altered so that the icons to remove or modify existing table unions are always visible.
- Filtering by a tag will now update the URL in your browser, making it easier to add browser bookmarks for commonly used databases and projects.
It’s finally back! The icon that shows your current running data jobs has returned, and it’s better and faster than before. Clicking on the “Running Jobs” icon not only shows you what’s running, but also recently completed jobs. Need to narrow things down? Try the search tool. Type in a table name, database name, connector name, or job type. Whatever you’re looking for, it can help you find it. We hope you find this much-improved feature as useful as we have while developing and testing it, and we cannot wait to hear your feedback!
- When adding a new database server via a cloud provider, the server will now be disabled in all dropdowns until the cloud provider has informed us that it’s ready.
- Additional performance and stability improvements have also been made to both Data Lake and Studio.
Is there a feature you’d like to see? Think you have found a bug? Use the chat in Bytespree to submit your feature requests or bug reports. Our team is working hard to make Bytespree better, and we’d love to have your feedback!